- Type (in the Merriam-Webster Online Search text box at the top of the screen): Nevada
- Press Enter or click the Search button.
- When the word and its definition appears, click the speaker icon that follows the word. Nevada has two icons, meaning there are two acceptable pronunciations, except in Nevada.
- Be sure to turn on your speakers.
- Click one of the speaker icons and a pop-up window appears. You’ll hear one of the acceptable pronunciations of the word spoken.
- Next, click the other speaker icon to hear an alternative pronunciation.
While you’re exploring, select the Medical radio button and type a medical term…for a definition. You’ll also see additional links to related resources.