The code to the left is a message to all JCCC QR code readers. Below and to the left you’ll find a QR code that includes a URL with more information on QR Codes.
Why would you want to create QR Codes? QR Codes are readable by QR scanners, mobile phones with a camera with a QR reader and SmartPhones. QR readers include apps like beetagg, i-nigma, Kaywa, and ZXing (most are free). The QR codes could be used to:
- Deliver text messages to students at specific points in their readings or course work,
- Identify and open web sites with supplemental readings,
- Include contact information (phone number),
- Send a prescribed SMS text message to a SMS service (such a subscribing to a SMS news update), or
- Share GEO (geographic) coordinates.
This is one case where innovation could be free! For more details, check out http://opus.bath.ac.uk/11408/1/getting_started_with_QR_Codes.pdf.