- Use a strong password and change it frequently.
- Review carefully your privacy settings and change if needed.
- Be discriminating in your use of Facebook.
- Take control of what others can post to your page.
- Consider using “friends lists.”
Monday, March 1, 2010
Facebook: Guidelines and Challenges
How private are your frustrated, idle threats on Facebook? Ask the East Stroudsburg University associate professor who’s January 21, 2010 Facebook posting read: "Does anyone know where I can find a very discrete hitman, it's been that kind of day." She’s now suspended, see http://bit.ly/dsBptx. And what would a lawyer advise other lawyers as far as posting to Facebook? Check out “Saving Face: 5 Tips for a More Secure Facebook” at http://www.abajournal.com/magazine/article/saving_face. For more detail; read the article, but the short summary is: